Skip to main content

Confidence

Confidence is a funny thing isnt it?
In some ways it's like we feel the need to get permission to be confident.
Like you have to earn it somehow.

We think "If I could just achieve this goal, or be in this place, or be friends with these people, I'll finally feel good about myself".

Let me tell you something I've finally learned.

None of these things will give you confidence because none of them will change the voice in your head that's telling you that you aren't enough.

Nothing external is going to give you permission to be confident.

That comes from you, and you alone.

You get to love yourself at a double digit pant size.
You get to feel strong AF, even if your max is someone else's warm up.
You get to be proud of the things you create without someone else validating it.
You get to feel beautiful regardless of the "likes" you get on Instagram.
You get to feel like a good mom no matter what Kathy from the PTA thinks.

You are GOOD enough, STRONG enough, BRAVE enough, and BEAUTIFUL enough.
Believe that, and dont let anyone change your mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To The Person Questioning This Autism Thing

"Autism wasn't a thing in my day." "Doctors just want to diagnose everything these days. Everybody is sick with some made up thing". "A spankin' should knock the 'autism' right out of him." Oh, the things I was told in those early days of getting Wyatt diagnosed. It was probably the most insecure time in my life. I knew the doctors were onto something, but I would listen to these people talk at me and nod my head in silent agreement, and then cry in my car on the way home because of the fear that no one would accept my son for who he was if he didn't fit the cookie cutter mold of All American Boy. I also know this story is the same for just about everyone who's child receives an autism diagnosis. Because of that, a lot of families --ours included-- choose not to talk about the diagnosis. I've finally come to realize that people don't say these things to be malicious or to devalue our children. They say it because they...

The Big A Word

"He's on the Spectrum," she said. The words rolled off her tongue like it was nothing. Like she had just told me the sky was blue. But those words sent tears rolling down my cheeks and sucked the air from my lungs. We had been dancing around this diagnosis for over a year, but hearing the words made it so real. I knew that my son was different. I knew that he had struggles that needed to be addressed. But the big A word. Autism. My son was Autistic. I wish I could go back to that moment and tell myself what I know now. I wish I knew what a gift this diagnosis would be. I wish I knew it would open the door that would completely change Wyatt's life for the better. I think the #1 thing people ask me, is "How did you know he had Autism?" The answer is, I didn't. Not until that phone call. The reality though is that knowing he had autism, wasn't nearly as important as the moment I knew he and I needed help. That moment came when he was 2 1/2...

Dealing With Hip Pain (Part 2)

Last week my little #FitnessFriday piece was geared mostly toward moms, but this week I'm coming for everyone else. As I mentioned before, in 2016 I was training hard, following a fairly basic leg day regimine (squats, leg curls/extensions, and deadlifts). Still, I struggled with pain in my hips when I hiked and I honestly thought that this was just the way my life was going to be. It was the price I paid for motherhood. Thank the good lord, I was wrong. I started following The Transform App which I highly recommend for anyone looking for a new routine. It focuses primarily on SINGLE leg work and A LOT of glute work. While I've done more than my fair share of lunges on this program I think the two lifts that have made the biggest difference for me are 🍑Bulgarian Split Squats 🍑Weighted Hip Thrusts