Skip to main content

I Hope You're A Man Who Cooks

I hope you're a man who cooks.

When it's time for you to move into your own home, I hope you're a man who can take care of himself. I hope you can do your own laundry, clean your own home and cook your own meals.
I hope when "The Girl" comes into your life, that you will be the type of man who will appreciate when she does these things for you. I hope you're the type of man who does these things for her.
I hope you're a man who cooks.

I hope you're a man who works.

When it's time for you to leave our home, I hope you're a man who does more than just earn a pay check. I hope you take pride in what you do and do it with purpose. I hope you're the man people can call on for help. I hope you're the man who never stears away from a challenge just because it's hard.
I hope you're a man who works.

I hope you're a man who prays.

When this world is unforgiving I hope that you have a forgiving heart. I hope you live your life with gratitude and spend as much time thanking God for your blessings as you do asking for help. I hope no matter the paths you take, that you are a man who prays.

I hope you're a man who loves.

I know the world looks different through your eyes. Sometimes other people's emotions dont make sense to you. Sometimes you dont make sense to other people. I know that means the world will not always be kind to you, son.
I hope you're a man who loves, anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Part I Havent Figured Out

This is the part I haven't figured out yet. Friends, I can spin beautiful words on a page about all the amazing things that autism has brought to our lives. I can give you a glimpse into how we have overcome the day to day issues. But I don't know how to do this. I don't know what to do as I watch my child sink it sickness, utterly clueless about what's wrong. I see the way he holds his eyes differently. I watch as his words quickly slip from vaguely being able to tell me something is wrong with his stomach, to no words at all and just groans of severe discomfort. He swaddles himself in a blanket and stares blankly at the wall. He is spending all his energy on whatever is going on inside him, and there is nothing left to even ask for one of his favorite toys. My mom-gut sounds an alarm that this is a different kind of not communicating. This is a different kind of tired. There is something really wrong. And with that comes anxiety that I think only special needs

The Gun Talk

As a hunting, pro-gun family I have one very important thing in common with my anti-gun friends, and that is that we BOTH want to keep guns out of the hands of our kids. I remember the first time I awkwardly had "the talk" with a fellow mom. My husband had been in the garage reloading ammo and the neighbor boy was intently watching and asking questions and then said: "I'm going to tell my dad he needs to learn to do this." My heart sunk as I realized if this kid just ran home and told his parents that the neighbor was playing with bullets in his garage, it could definitely be blown-up and misunderstood. So I text his mom, and in true Brandy-style, I word vomited more than needed to be said. "Hey. We definitely weren't playing with guns around your kid. My husband is just reloading ammo. All our guns are under lock and key, but because guns were being talked about, we also told your son that he is never allowed to touch any in our house if for some

When Insecuritues Control You

Have you ever thought about the power you give to your insecurities? I remember one day a while back, I was getting dressed for the gym and I realized all of my leggings were still in the washing machine. My only option for the leg-day ahead was compression shorts. I died a little inside thinking about how people might judge the cellulite on my legs or think i was too big to be wearing shorts at all. Why couldn't I have been born during a time period where curves and rolls were attractive? But, then again, booty shorts wouldn't even be a thing in that day and age, and I surely would already be dead from small pox or stoned to death for one sin or another by now. I digress. I closed the drawer and decided I could just skip the gym that day. And then it hit me. I was so insecure about other peoples opinions of MY body, that I would rather stay home than risk someone thinking something negative about me. What kind of life is that? What kind of example was that setting for